The term “personal data” shall have the meaning ascribed to it by the PDPO.
Purpose of Collection And Use of Personal Data
Personal data collected from you may be used by the HKOSCon for, without limitation:
- identifying you and any accounts you hold with us
- enabling the provision of the Services to you
- conducting identity verification and/or credit checks
- determining and verifying your eligibility for discounts and promotions on products and services
- order processing, billing and fulfilment
- enabling us to store your personal data so you do not have to re-enter it each time you purchase a product
- direct marketing of the Services (see section “Direct Marketing” below)
- direct marketing of the products and services of the HKOSCon’s business partners (see section “Direct Marketing” below)
- designing services for you
- conducting research, statistical analysis and behavioral analysis
- conducting program viewership survey and analysis
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
- enabling you to participate in interactive features of our service, including identifying your friends or individuals, and sharing and communicating with them your shopping experience, when you choose to do so
- making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Services or goods and services that may interest you or them
- customising the HKOSCon’s website and its content to your particular preferences
- provisioning of customer services
- handling your complaints and account enquiries, and handling any claim, action and/or proceedings against the HKOSCon or any party
- fraud prevention and detection
- auditing purposes
- making such disclosures as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations
- any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected
Types of Personal Data Collected
Types of personal data collected by the HKOSCon may include, without limitation:
- Your personal information and contact information such as your name, telephone number, social media contact, email address, residential address, mailing address, and billing address;
- Your business information such as company name and business title;
- Your payment transaction details with Paypal:
- IP address, real-time geographic location data, browser settings, browsing records, and/or other Internet log information of your computer or mobile device.
Confidentiality, Disclosure And Security of Personal Data
All personal data collected and held by the HKOSCon will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for the HKOSCon to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or for the HKOSCon to provide the Services to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- Competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental or statutory authorities, institutions or organisations;
- HKOSCon’s associated companies, business partners, contractors, agents, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services, or other service operators, who are involved in the sales and marketing, administration or provision of the Services;
- Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the HKOSCon including a member of its group of companies, IT consultants, data processors, auditors, accountants, or lawyers, which has undertaken to keep such information confidential; and:
- Banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, credit card issuing companies or debt collection agencies.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to our website, or any part of the site by you will be considered as voluntarily provided to the HKOSCon on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development and marketing of services and to meet user needs.
We may share non-personal data such as anonymised data and aggregated data relating to without limitation sales transactions, user traffic, logistics and warehouse performance publicly and with our partners including without limitation with existing and potential business partners, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services, start-up entrepreneurs and academics.
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by the HKOSCon is stored in a secure and safe place.
All personal data which we collect is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate however, that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
From time to time, HKOSCon may use your personal data to send you news, offers, promotions and joint marketing offers and the HKOSCon requires your consent for that purpose. We may contact you by email, social media, SMS, text/picture/video message, telephone or mail.
Your name, email address, telephone number, contact address, social media contact, products and services portfolio information, transaction patterns and behaviors, browsing records, content viewing habits and personal interests held by HKOSCon may be used by the HKOSon in direct marketing of the Services and the following products or services offered by the HKOSCon’s business partners,advertising partners or sponsor, including without limitation, government information and services and solicitation of donations or contributions for charitable, cultural, philanthropic or recreational purposes, which may be of interest to you.
If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us or our marketing partners, you can opt out at any time by updating your preferences through your registered account or an unsubscribe link provided. Upon receipt of your request, we shall cease to use your personal data as soon as possible without charge to you.
Retention Of Personal Data
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. If your mobile number is used for account login, you shall ensure that timely update is made by logging in to your account at “Account Profile” when your mobile number is to be changed or returned to your mobile operator. This is important to ensure that your account information will not be accessed by a third party who may have acquired the right to use your discarded mobile number. You are solely responsible for securing your account in this particular way. We shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage in this regard.
Unless there is a mandatory legal requirement for us to keep your personal data for a specified period, we will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
Data Access And Correction
HKOSCon reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for complying with a data access request as permitted by the PDPO.
Last Updated: July 2021